Access Bank’s contact centre has told FIJ that it would not revisit a missing N307,259 dispute involving Jude Agbokhaode, one of its Lagos-based customers.
Responding to an FIJ email sent to it on Tuesday, the bank stated that the issue was an ‘old claim’ and would not be revisited.
“I acknowledge the receipt of your email. Please be informed that this is an old claim, as dispute cannot be raised. We regret every inconvenience,” Uche Nsoedo, an official of the bank, wrote.
FIJ had earlier written to the bank requesting to know why it had taken so long to refund the N307,259 that had been wrongfully deducted from Agbokhaode’s account since March 9, 2020.
While speaking with FIJ, the aggrieved customer said he had visited several branches and had also sent many messages since the incident happened two years ago, just to ensure that he got the sum reversed into his account.
“The bank refused to do anything on my request,” Agbokhaode said.
“These days, the moment they hear my name and the N307,259, their officials hang up on me whenever I call them. The social media channels of Access Bank have stopped responding to me too.
“I want my money back. The chargeback process has been delayed since March 2020. They have ruined my business.”
The customer also said the Access Bank has refused to provide him with an explanation for the deduction till date.
Be the first to receive special investigative reports and features in your inbox.