@csrf
One's IReV portal

27.03.2023 Featured One Month After, Over 9,000 Presidential Election Results Missing on IReV

Published 27th Mar, 2023

By Sodeeq Atanda

Not less than 9,403 polling unit results are waiting to be uploaded to the online special election platform created by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for real-time viewing of the 2023 general election results.

The platform, called the INEC Result-Viewing Portal, was introduced by the commission in its effort to reform Nigeria’s electoral process.

Nigeria had 176,846 voting points in the February 25 presidential election. Of that number, only results from 167,443 polling units have been transmitted to the portal. Subtracting the available uploaded number from the expected results on the last check, FIJ found that INEC had 9,403 more to upload.

READ ALSO: Over 70% of Gov Election Results From Every State Now on INEC Portal

When FIJ checked the website on Monday morning, it showed that the available results represented 94.68 percent of the total, leaving exactly 5.32 percent unavailable.

INEC conducted the presidential election on February 25, 2023, and it was a contest for 14 candidates.

Rabiu Kwankwaso represented the New Nigeria Peoples Party, Atiku Abubakar represented the Peoples Democratic Party, Bola Tinubu represented the All Progressives Congress, and Peter Obi represented the Labour Party, among others.

Following the final collation of the results in Abuja, Professor Yakubu Mahmood, the commission’s chairman, announced Tinubu, who polled 8,794,726, as the winner of the election.

READ ALSO: SUMMARY: 4 Things Peter Obi Wants From Court

The announcement has raised a lot of dusts, especially over INEC’s failure to upload results to its portal on time. Some of the candidates have now filed petitions challenging the emergence of Tinubu as president-elect at the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Published 27th Mar, 2023

By Sodeeq Atanda

Advertisement

Our Stories

IKEDC

After FIJ’s Story, IKEDC Deducts N223,310 From Customer’s Strange Debt

Court Orders Lai Mohammed to Disclose Details of FG’s Agreement With X

A woman cooking with firewood Photo Credit: Olayide Soaga/FIJ

Desirable But Expensive: Nigeria’s Clean Energy Dilemma

After FIJ’s Intervention, GOTV Extends Subscriber’s Renewal Date

Fubara swears in caretaker committee on June 19

3 Rivers Caretaker Chairmen Appoint Over 500 Aides

Arik air

Lagos Man’s N326,000 Hangs Between Arik Air and First Bank

NCDC Administrative Headquarters

Members of Oyo State Post-Covid Surveillance Team Lament Unpaid Stipends

Police Officers

Policemen Break Into Man’s Apartment, Arrest Him and His 10-Year-Old Son on Estranged Wife’s Orders

A contract signpost beside Habaaz Petrol Filling Station Photo Credit: Sodeeq Atanda/FIJ.

Osun Road Repaired by FG in June Has Started Deteriorating

PalmPay

Customer Lost N2.8m Kept in His Account to Fraudsters — ‘Because PalmPay Agents Were Busy’

Advertisement